"It isn’t often that the components of a presentation — speaker, topic, content, and delivery — all come together and result in a total far greater than the sum of its parts. The talk, augmented with visuals, creates an experience for the listener/viewer that resounds within the heart long after."
- Constance Alongi, M.A.
Since 2005 I’ve had the privilege of speaking about my books in a variety of venues, including:
– The Tenement Museum, New York, NY
– Le Musée d’art et d’histoire du Judaïsme, Paris, France
– Joods Historisch Museum, Amsterdam, Netherlands
– Museum of Jewish Heritage, New York, NY
– Lehigh University
– University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee
– Fashion Institute of Technology
– University of Connecticut- Storrs Campus
– Brooklyn Book Festival
– Association of Jewish Libraries Annual Convention
– National Council of Teachers of English
– JCC of Greater New Haven
– Jewish Genealogical Society- Center for Jewish History
– Jewish Federation of the Lehigh Valley
– Institute for Jewish Christian Understanding
– The 92nd St. Y
In addition to: Jewish Community Centers, book shops, synagogues, Hadassah groups, libraries and book clubs throughout the country.
Book Signing at the United States Holocaust Museum
Appearance at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Illustrated Lecture Topics
Two Cents Plain: My Brooklyn Boyhood
My Powerpoint presentation will take you to the lost world of a Brooklyn neighborhood in the 1950s and ‘60s. Experience this neighborhood of immigrants. Walk past the pushcarts of the Prospect Place Market. Have an egg cream. Try a two cents plain...
And explore the process of creating a graphic memoir.
Mendel’s Daughter: A Memoir
Take a journey with me to prewar Poland and see my mother, a young girl growing up in the tiny Polish village of Germakivka. See how her world changes into the darker experiences of German occupation, the destruction of her family, of flight into the forest, hiding, survival, and her eventual escape to freedom. Travel with me to "modern" day Germakivka and see what's left of my mother's past.
Holocaust Memorial Presentation
A unique perspective on the Shoah, told from the viewpoint of a child of survivors.
The Art of Creating a Picture Book
This lecture will cover my twenty years experience as a children's book illustrator. I’ll touch on the humorous, as well as, the technical aspects of this exciting field.
My presentations are from 30 to 60 minutes long, depending
on the host’s specifications.
A Question & Answer session usually follows.